Tuesday, 10 November 2015

Target audience research

There are people who have been fans of house music since the start in the 1980's. The fans who had a passion for house music since the beginning. In the recent years, DJ's release their beats and music all year round, getting it out to their fans via social media and iTunes. DJ's such as Tiesto and Calvin Harris are considered the best DJ's at this current time.
people like listening to house music because it gives you a happy feeling, it makes you want to dance. This is why this genre of music usually covers the charts during the summer and mostly every night that you would go out clubbing, because of the feeling it gives you when you listen to the music.

Trying to target my audience for this genre is difficult because anyone who likes a good time and dancing would listen to this genre. Although, trying to find an age group for my audience I considered the fact that it is a genre that generated through the 1980's and a lot of the older age range would still listen to the songs that would of been released throughout the 80's and 90's and still to this day may listen to this genre. Although, I'd like to decide on my target audience through personal experience, whilst being in an environment of parties and  I realised the people that seemed most passionate about the house genre were 17-30 years old.

This may be because this is the clubbing age group where by people start going out and partying with their friends at around this age.

Whilst researching my target audience I decided to look at some videos of DJ's performing live and also the music playing in clubs therefore I could get a glimpse of their audiences in the crowd. The majority of the crowd were young adults aged 17-30.

No comments:

Post a Comment